I seem to have a problem that interferes with the fix you suggest.

# pip3 install PyQt5
pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl
module in Python is not available.
Collecting PyQt5
  Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS
URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/pyqt5/
  Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS
URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/pyqt5/
  Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS
URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/pyqt5/
  Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS
URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/pyqt5/
  Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None,
status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS
URL because the SSL module is not available.")': /simple/pyqt5/
  Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pyqt5/: There was a problem
confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org',
port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pyqt5/ (Caused by
SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not
available.")) - skipping
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PyQt5 (from
versions: )
No matching distribution found for PyQt5
pip is configured with locations that require TLS/SSL, however the ssl
module in Python is not available.
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.org/simple/pip/: There was a problem
confirming the ssl certificate: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='pypi.org',
port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /simple/pip/ (Caused by