After doing more tests, it does seem that the problem is due to the
dictionary of values not being updated from the CBLModel's
document:didChange: method.

 If I change a property that's directly on my model class, such as an
"isFavourite" flag, it gets updated in the CBLDocument AND the CBLModel
subclass after a sync.  Just not when I change a value inside my
NSDictionary of values.

I suspect that could also happen with any collection class, such as an
array property?