Im using Couchbase Lite Android/iOS that replicates data from a CouchDB
server. We have hit a problem where when the number of documents increases
to a high number (> 100000), the replication goes very slow. To avoid this,
Im trying to see if I can do a view on CouchDB that returns the required
documents, then do a one-off replication on them using the _doc_ids filter
followed by continuous replication so that future changes are pulled in as
well. This seems to work okay and better than the replication, which easily
takes about 8-10 mins for the initial replication to finish.

Just to explain better, the sequence is this:
1. User logs in to mobile
2. Make a HTTP call to CouchDB View that gets the documents that we need
3. Do a One-off replication using Native API  . After this,(which takes
about 3 mins for 100000 documents), the application is usable.
4. Trigger a continuous replication so that future changes are obtained.
This takes a while to catch up to the sequence until which the one-off has
replicated changes.

The problem is that for Step 4 above, there is no way to pass in a "since"
parameter to the _changes feed. The Native API doesnt seem to have a way to
feed in the since parameter. If I can get the sequence number after the
one-off, which should be returned as per
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.0/api/database/changes.html?highlight=_changes),
how can I start the continuous replication from that point?

Thanks
Raja