> On Oct 12, 2016, at 9:25 PM, Rajagopal V <rajas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im using Couchbase Lite Android/iOS that replicates data from a CouchDB
> server. We have hit a problem where when the number of documents increases to
> a high number (> 100000), the replication goes very slow.

Right; IIRC this is because you’re using a filter function on CouchDB, which
scales poorly because every document has to be passed through a JavaScript
function (for every client that replicates.)

> The problem is that for Step 4 above, there is no way to pass in a "since"
> parameter to the _changes feed. The Native API doesnt seem to have a way to
> feed in the since parameter.

I think what you’re saying is that there’s no way to pass a remote “since”
value to the replicator, i.e. a checkpoint to start from. This is true. The
only case where you might need it is if you’re trying to halfway replace the
replicator, as you’re doing, and I don’t think this is something we can provide
support for. The replicator is pretty intricate, and we have enough support
issues without exposing more parameters that could mess up its state… :/

It’s also worth pointing out [if I haven’t already!] that the ‘channels’
mechanism in Sync Gateway was designed explicitly to get around this
scalability problem in CouchDB.

"Couchbase Mobile" group.
to mobile-couchbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.