On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com> wrote:

> Right; IIRC this is because you’re using a filter function on CouchDB,
> which scales poorly because every document has to be passed through a
> JavaScript function (for every client that replicates.)
Yes, That seems to be a problem , even with filters written in Erlang
(Sidenote: Ive posted a SO question indicating filters in JS/Erlang as the
Erlang ones seem slower than Javascript, which is very strange --

> The problem is that for Step 4 above, there is no way to pass in a "since"
> parameter to the _changes feed. The Native API doesnt seem to have a way to
> feed in the since parameter.
> I think what you’re saying is that there’s no way to pass a remote “since”
> value to the *replicator*, i.e. a checkpoint to start from. This is true.
> The only case where you might need it is if you’re trying to halfway
> replace the replicator, as you’re doing, and I don’t think this is
> something we can provide support for. The replicator is pretty intricate,
> and we have enough support issues without exposing more parameters that
> could mess up its state… :/
> It’s also worth pointing out [if I haven’t already!] that the ‘channels’
> mechanism in Sync Gateway was designed explicitly to get around this
> scalability problem in CouchDB.

@tleyden suggested in another thread the same thing, Ill try and see if the
above solution is bearable, otherwise will have to shift to using Channels
and Sync Gateway.

"Couchbase Mobile" group.
to mobile-couchbase+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.