Hi Jens,

PS: I’m not trying to pass the buck, but: models can be implemented on top
> of the document API without any access to private APIs. So it’s the kind of
> feature anyone could add. A good starting point would be the CBLModel
> implementation from 1.x, although it would be changed since documents
> behave differently. CBLDocument is mutable, which will simplify the model
> code a lot since it doesn’t have to store properties itself; but on the
> other hand documents are no longer uniqued (i.e. Database.documentWithID
> will return a new instance every time) which means there will probably need
> to be a weak-valued dictionary mapping docID⟶model.

No worries. I'm fine waiting for CBLModel. I still have to figure out how
to sync with Apache CouchDB / Cloudant anyway and I have no idea how to
start with that. I really wish you had a compatibility layer or something
to help with the transition in that area. Can I pay you to build one?

But not having uniquing is definitely a new twist on things. Is that
something you would build-in to the CBLModel implementation or is that left
as an exercise for the developer?

Thanks,

Brendan