Following on
from https://forums.couchbase.com/t/sync-replication-progress/14987

I have a view on Sync Gateway that counts the number of documents in a
view. This view is basically the same as a channel I have defined. I have
also defined the same view in Couchbase Lite (iOS, v1.4). I am monitoring
progress of very large pull replications by first calling the SG view, and
then calling the same view on CBL whenever there is a pull event, to update
a progress meter.

I am seeing slight differences in the amount of documents reported by SG
and those reported when the replication completes. e.g. 36711 from SG
and 36691 from CBL, another example: 36700 reported by SG, 36697 by CBL. It
seems to be slightly different each time.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with the replicator not getting all the
documents? Or maybe the SG view counting deleted documents?

The view:
    "wordlist_count": {
      "map": "function(doc) { if (doc.wordlist)  emit(doc.wordlist, null) }"
,
      "reduce" : "_count"
    }