Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that after a short pause, we are rebooting the
Firefox for iOS release schedule.

You can find the adjusted schedule at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox_for_iOS_Train_Schedule

We will be following our regular process where we have 6 weeks of
engineering work, 4 weeks for stabilization/qa/l10n and then a 3 week
window to get through App Store review and the actual release. In reality
this means that we will ship a new version roughly every 6 weeks.

Our next major release will be v6.0. It should be feature complete on
November 1st and ship mid December. This will not be a release with a lot
of new user facing features. Instead we have been focusing mostly on
stability.

• Code migration to Swift 2.3 / Xcode 8
• Remove iOS 8 Support
• Stabilization & Regressions
• Bring back Session Restore
• Integrate with third-party mail clients
• Sync Quality Improvements

Full bug list at https://mzl.la/2e40qBo - Please note that some of this
work was completed in the past and will not ship until a later release. For
example the iPad Top Tabs work landed as part of the 6.0 release but behind
a disabled feature flag.

We welcome all feedback, suggestions and contributions.

 S.