At the Dev Summit, Birgit Müller and I will run a session on Growing the MediaWiki Technical Community. If you're attending, we hope you will consider joining us.

Everyone (attending the Dev Summit or not) is welcome and encouraged to participate at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T183318 (please comment there, rather than by email).

We are discussing the following questions:

* What would allow you to develop and plan your software more efficiently?
* What would make software development more fun for you?
* What other Open Source communities do we share interests with?
* How can we change our processes to take technical debt more seriously?

"Develop" means any kind of work on a software system, including design, documentation, etc.

Our topics are:

* Better processes and project management practices, integrating all developers and allowing them to work more efficiently * Building partnerships with other Open Source communities on shared interests (e.g. translation, audio, video)
* Reducing technical debt

Matt Flaschen