Hi everyone,

We're excited to present our latest release of the Wikipedia Android app
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wikipedia>, available
now on the Google Play Store (or as a standalone download
<https://releases.wikimedia.org/mobile/android/wikipedia/stable/wikipedia-2.7.50341-r-2021-02-02.apk>
for devices without Google). Here are the major highlights from this update:

* *Watchlists*: Your watchlist is now accessible from the main screen when
you are logged in. Tap the "More" menu at the bottom and select
"Watchlist."  If you have multiple languages selected in the app, the
Watchlist screen will merge your watchlists from those language wikis. You
can also choose which languages to show by tapping the language icon in the
toolbar at the top.  Tap any of the items in your watchlist to see a
detailed diff screen for the selected change.  And of course, to add any
article you're currently reading to your watchlist, tap the top-right menu
in the toolbar, and select "Add to watchlist."

* *Talk pages*: Article talk pages and User talk pages are now presented
natively.  When reading an article, the corresponding talk page is
accessible by scrolling to the bottom and selecting "View talk page."  User
talk pages can be accessed from various places where user interactions
might occur, including your watchlist, various push notifications (e.g.
messages left by other users on your talk page), and other users' and
article talk pages.

In addition to these major updates, this release has plenty of bug fixes,
design refinements, and performance optimizations. Check it out, and as
always, we welcome your feedback!

*Special note*: This release is dedicated to the memory of our late
colleague and friend Bernd Sitzmann, a brilliant developer and a wonderful
person, without whom the app wouldn't be what it is today. He will be
missed.

Cheers,

--
Dmitry Brant