From: Jenny Heng Gek Koon [jenny.h...@taylors.edu.my]
Sent: Tuesday, 7 December 2010 1:34 AM
To: Jenny Heng Gek Koon
Subject: FW: International SEARCH Conference 28 & 29 May 2011 Registration

[cid:image001.jpg@01CB8015.F8298410]   [cid:image002.jpg@01CB8015.F8298410]

Dear Sir/ Madam,

RE: Open For Registration: International SEARCH Conference 28 & 29 May 2011

The South East Asia Research Centre for Communication and Humanities is proud
to announce its Second International SEARCH Conference to be held at Taylor's
University, Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya (approximate to Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia) on 28 and 29 May 2011.

This multidisciplinary conference is aimed at bringing together researchers and
practitioners interested in the field of Communication and the Humanities to
introduce and discuss perspectives and directions in the area of New Media
Effects.

We welcome contributors from all disciplines, field and themes that pertain to
the study of Communication and the Humanities to submit papers on one of the
topics indicated below, describing original work and/or survey papers.

New Media Culture and Challenges

Sub-themes

·         New Media Governance and Politics
·         Ethical issues and  New Media
·         Identity formation and Reality television
·         Creative Industries and Knowledge Economy
·         Cyberculture
·         Gaming Culture
·         Pop Culture
·         Marketing Communication in New Media
·         e-Governance and Democracy

We also encourage other varieties related to New Media and its effects or on
any sector in the humanities.
We are indeed delighted that two exemplary academics in the area of
Communication studies have consented to be our plenary speakers for the
conference. They are:
*          Professor Theo van Leeuwen, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social
Sciences, University of Technology, Sydney.
*          Associate Prof Terence Lee, Deputy Dean, School of Media
Communication and Culture, Murdoch University, Perth.

We have been encouraged by the response that we have received thus far, as
abstracts from all over the world have been coming in. We are convinced that
the conference will  add to the existing knowledge in the field of
communication and humanities, with new researched information being presented
by authors from all over the globe.

Please visit our website (http://search.taylors.edu.my/) for registration and
further information.

We look forward seeing you at the conference.

Yours sincerely,

Benedict
Benedict P. Agulto, PhD
Organizing Chair, 2nd International SEARCH Conference 2011
Taylor's University College
Taylor's Lakeside Campus
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Tel: (+603) 5629.5273

[cid:image005.jpg@01CB8015.F8298410]

--- DISCLAIMER --- This email, including any attachments, is confidential and
is solely intended for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised. Its contents may be legally privileged and if you are not the
intended recipient of this email, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender
immediately by return email or telephone and delete/destroy the message. We do
not accept liability for any corruption, delay, interception or unauthorised
amendment of the e-mail or their consequences.