Mobile Media Reader / Meet the Editor

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I'll be at the Peter Lang booth
on Saturday (May 26) at 1:00pm for a little promotional event.

I've pasted a link to the publisher's page on the book, plus the official
blurb. I think the book will be of interest to many on this list. - Noah
Arceneaux

http://www.peterlang.com/index.cfm?event=cmp.ccc.seitenstruktur.detailseiten&seitentyp=produkt&pk=58429&concordeid=311300

    Portable phones were once limited to voice and text messaging, though
   these devices are now miniature multi-media centers that can fit
   neatly in one’s pocket. Media industries off all types are adapting
   content for this new platform, or innovating entirely new forms. In
   the light of the explosive growth of this technology, The Mobile Media
   offers a diverse collection of essays that establish conceptual,
   critical frameworks for evaluating the latest transformation of the
   media landscape. Some essays explore older phenomenon, such as C.B.
   radio, automobile radio, and hand-held video games, to provide a
   historical context, while others unpack the behind-the-scenes
   negotiations that determine what kinds of services are available to
   consumers. The Mobile Media Reader provides a road map for both
   scholars and beginning students to examine the social, cultural, and
   commercial implications of media that is available anywhere at any
   time.