Hi very nicely summarised dilemma of choosing between nokia and
android. I would like to add here that blackberry is also working on
its screen reader and has also brought out an update. although the
models supported are few in numbers, it may offer the convenience of a
qwerty phone with very nice build quality. There is little doubt about
the sturdiness and stability of blackberry devices and if they
continue to improve upon their screen readers, it could be a very nice
option for the VI. But obviously someone will have to take the plunge
and experiment with the blackberry model. I have come to know that
even reliance CDMA has such an option called the blackberry curve
9350. So we may finally have an accessible CDMA phone in india. One
thing worth noting is that the blackberry screen reader is also free
although it has to be installed manually first.

On 19/04/2013, S R Mittal <srmit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Thanks and regards,
aruni Sharma.
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Political Science, JNPG College, Lucknow, India.
Accessibility consultant, RSVI Lucknow.