I have a feeling this mail has not quite reached the list. So I am
sending it again. Have a few doubts on tablets, looking forward to
some clarifications. Regards,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Mahesh S. Panicker" <maheshspanic...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 15:06:24 +0530
Subject: A question on Tablets
To: "Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile
devices like phones and Tabs set up on November 15 2012."
<mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in>

Hello listers
I am here with a general question on Tqablets. As of now I am using a
laptop as my primary machine, and an HCL netbook with windows 7 at
work, as its easier to carry around. I would like to know whether
Tablets are even easier to handle in a work and travel environment.
Can we use it to access the internet, read PDF documents, and read and
create word documents? How accessible is the android platform on tabs
with regard to accessibility? What kind of keyboard can we use on
these devices? Do all tabs run on either Android or Windows 8?
Too many questions, but the crux of it is, is it really possible for
me to give up on my netbook and go for a tab?
Would greatly appreciate your responses.

Regards,

--
Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science,