Hi,
I have listened to a podcast based on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 where
the demonstrator stated that by pressing the Back button, you don't
exit apps, instead they keep running in the background, and have to be
manually closed through Recent Apps.
Also, the two fingers swipe method is excellent, significantly
increases my speed in dismissing apps!