Hi,
Sorry, close this thread.
Actually, the ringtone did actually play, but it was really soft, as
compared to my TTS.
Therefore, I went into Settings > Sounds> Volumes, and increased the
volume of ringtones and notifications sounds, to a desirable volume.
So, I have got the answer to my question.
Thanks, Umesha, and sorry for the unnecessary traffic.

On 11/8/14, Umesha S E <umesha....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Android 4.4 kitkat. as I checked, double tapping the list
> item plays the ringtone besides selecting it unless mute or vibrate
> option is enabled in the notification panel. please check to ensure
> you have enabled sound in the notification panel. apart from that, I
> din't find any reason to happen so.
>
> Umesha
>

> On 11/8/14, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>> Firstly, my device details are as follows:
>> Name: Moto G second gen
>> OS: ANdroid
>> Version: Kit Kat 4.4.4
>> Type: near stock Android
>> Question
>> To change my phone's ringtone, I went into Apps > Settings > Sound >
>> Ringtone >
>> What I found on the screen is as follows:
>> many ringtones (in the form of check boxes) to choose from
>> Cancel button
>> Ok button
>> When i double tap on any of them, they get selected and the the page
>> closes.
>> However, I wish to listen to the sound of the ringtone before actually
>> choosing it.
>> I was unable to find any option to do so, I tried a double tap and
>> long press on the focused ringtone, but it simply got selected, and I
>> just couldn't listen to the ringtone, unless someone called me after I
>> selected the ringtone...
>> Does a method to achieve the same exist?
>> I would appreciate any assistance
>> Best Regards
>> Bhavya Shahh

>> "keyboard users" group.