The important is to know whether your phone is first gen or second
generation. First gen moto g is known as 2013 edition while second
generation moto g is known as 2014 edition. 2013 or first gen moto is
of 4.5 inches screen size and its camera is of 5mp while moto g 2014
or second edition is of 5.0 inches screen size and have 8mp camera.
One more difference 2013[first gen] edition don't have front facing
speekers while 2014[second gen] has front facing sterio speekers. I
hope its clear now

On 1/16/15, Anirban Mukherjee <sparsha.anir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Austin,
>
> an elementary question, how to determine whether my Moto G is of 2014
> or 2013? mine is not a Moto G second generation. how to check it?
> secondly, what are the improved features in the new update?
>
> warm greetings, Anirban Mukherjee
>
> On 1/16/15, Satguru Rathi <tarannumra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not yet for my Micromax Canvis A1. Could you check and revert if any
>> info?
>>
>> With best regards,
>> Satguru
>> ___,__.___
>> "Life's battle do not always go, to the stronger or faster man. But
>> sooner
>> or later the one who wins, is the one who thinks he can."
>>
>> Satguru Rathi
>> Mobile: +91-9871489945
>> Email: satgurura...@yahoo.co.in
>> Skype: satgururathi