Don't update to android l because it has lots of bugs specially for
Motorola users. the biggest problem after upgradation u are going to
face the mis pronunciation by talkback. It is pronouncing "ettings" to
settings, atsap to whatsapp and so on. it is eating first two or three
letters. more over while typing u can not hear letters properly, say
for e.g. letter 't' is being announced as 'ee', d as ee, y as I and q
as u. its quite problematic. rather the voice of talkback is quite
stuttering.

On 2/13/15, Maruti Paramwad <mparam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> i got this info from other mailing list.
>
> WebTrickz Updates | Guide to Manually Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
> on Indian Moto E (Soak Test OTA Update)

> Guide to Manually Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Indian Moto E
> (Soak Test OTA Update)

> Motorola has started Android 5.0 Lollipop soak tests for Moto E and
> Moto Maxx. The Lollipop soak testing for Moto Maxx has began in Brazil
> and Mexico, and for Moto E in Brazil and India. With Soak Testing, the
> company starts by rolling out the upgrade to smaller test groups
> before releasing it widely, and if the results are strong, they
> continue the rollout to more phones. The soak test helps in monitoring
> performance data and user feedback over several days. On basis of soak
> test users feedback, the company tweaks software and incorporates new
> changes to fix any issues. The Lollipop soak test for Moto E is now
> rolling out in India and some users have got it. In case you're eager
> to try out the latest Android 5.0 upgrade, then you can get it by
> installing the Lollipop soak test OTA update manually on your Moto E.
>

> Points to be noted:
>
> Below procedure is tested on Indian Moto E running Android 4.4.4
> (locked bootloader, unrooted, fully stock).
> This update doesn't wipes your user data.
> Update might take a long time.
> It's recommended to have 500 MB of free space on your internal storage.
> Make sure your phone is charged.
> Initial boot takes time, so be patient.
> Disclaimer: We're not sure if it works on other models too. Try it at
> your own risk.
>
> Steps to Install Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Official OTA update on MOTO E
> (Indian variant) -
>
> Note: This is a soak test update that might have some issues. Those
> concerned can rather wait for the final update.
>
> Before proceeding, make sure your phone is running stock Android 4.4.4
> KitKat.
>
> 1. Download the Lollipop OTA update for Moto E. (Size: 342 MB)
>
> 2. Place the download file
> "Blur_Version.21.12.40.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip" in
> main directory of external SD card (might also work with internal
> storage).
>
> 3. Update both these system apps: Motorola Update Services and
> Motorola Contextual Services.
>
> 4. Now go to setting and 'check for update'.
>
> Note: If you receive 'Your software is up to date' message then boot
> in stock recovery and wipe cache partition. Then power on your phone
> and check for updates.
>
> 5. When 'New system software available' message is shown, select 'Yes,
> I'm in' to proceed.
>

> 6. Once the above process is completed, you will get 'Install now' option.
>
> 7. Install the system update and then your phone will reboot.
>
> Stay patient while the phone boots for first time.
>
> That's it! Now you should have Lollipop running on your Moto E.
>

> --
> [...]

Mohib Anwar Rafay
PhD Candidate in Center for International Law, JNU, New Delhi
Phone: 09555555765 / 9278790000