hi george! there are many ways to transfer music from itunes to iphone.  the
simplest of them is to put all your music files in automatically add to itunes
folder under library/itunes media.  after that run itunes on your computer.
authorise your computer to use for the particular device if prompted.  now sync
your device to the itunes using the device or iphone submenu under the menu
bar.  after syncing is completed you should see music files in the music app
where you can navigating using song, artist or so on.  if still music does not
appear make sure music is checked under the info tab in itunes.
regards
harbhajan

Sent from my iPhone