---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalto...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:28:58 +1100
Subject: Soft Braille Keyboard -- The on screen Braille keyboard for Android
To: eyes-f...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

A while ago I contacted the list about an app I was developing called Soft
Braille keyboard.

Soft Braille keyboard allows a blind person to type text into any input
field on their android device using six or eight Braille fingers. This
dramatically increases typing speed and means that you do not have to
listen to every character that you type.

I'm in the final stages of preparing the app for release on Google play. I
am again looking for anyone who would be interested in beta testing the
app. If this is something you would be interested in please contact me at:
daniel.dalto...@gmail.com

Soft Braille keyboard has the following features:

   - Enter computer Braille with the choice of various tables and English
   grade 1 Braille.
   - Two keyboard styles. A horizontal traditional Braille keyboard suited
   for larger screens and a vertical keyboard suitable for smaller devices
   like phones.
   - Support selecting text and performing actions on the text like
   cutting, copying and pasting.
   - Commands to delete by character, word, line or all text.
   - Commands to move around the text field by character, word, line or go
   to beginning / end.
   - Commands to read back text by either character, word, line or all.
   - On the fly switching between commonly used Braille tables and
   switching between computer and grade 1 Braille.
   - Various settings to control the keyboard feedback.
   - Settings to optimise the keyboard for your device and preferences.
   - Ability to calibrate the keyboard to fit your finger positions. The
   calibration is saved across uses so you don't need to continuously do this.
   - Privacy screen so people can't read over your shoulder as you type.

The keyboard now supports calibrating the keyboard with two separate taps,
so three fingers on one hand, releasing and the other three fingers. This
means that anyone who was previously unable to use the app since it
required at least six finger multi touch can now use this version of the
app.

For a comprehensive list of features and the full user guide please see
this page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OX6yFjkK61VfROdU9uQNxjEZ_
QNWxiMnUY_1ECnIyRQ/pub

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Daniel Dalton
Sorry everyone the links in the previous message were broken.
My email address is:
daniel.dalto...@gmail.com
The URL for the user guide is here:
--
To report violations of our ground rules or content guidelines,
contact eyes-free+own...@googlegroups.com. -- https://goo.gl/rDveM8

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows