From: Pabba ANU BHARATH
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2016 1:10 PM
To: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [Mobile.AI] Rupee Checker App with a stable Holder

Hello All,

       I am Bharath. I work on designing android applications. These days I
understood that visually Impaired users find very difficult to detect
currency notes. There are so many apps available for solving this problem.
But in our user study conducted with some users, I found that none of them
use this apps. I found that the problem is, most of the users find
difficult to hold mobiles in public places and scan the notes, So I thought
of designing a neck strap that allows the mobile to hold mobile in a stable
position. I am designing the app in a way that it can be opened by a
gesture performed and it automatically flashes light when the light is dim.
It also detect bunch of notes as follows: consider a shopkeeper gave a
visually impaired user some bunch of notes. The visually impaired user now
holds all the notes in his left hand and takes one by one note from his
left to right hand in this time the camera scans the notes. When the user
shows thumb symbol to the camera then it will give a audio feedback saying
that you have 10 10 rupee notes on the top with 5 100 rupee notes in the
bottom. Can you please share me how do you use these apps if yes? Can you
please give me feedback about my product?

Thanks,
Bharath.