Many thanks and glad to see that most of us have adapted well in our lives!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mobile.accessindia [mailto:mobile.accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] 
On Behalf Of Vamshi. G
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 8:00 PM
To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones 
and Tabs.
Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] (AI) My introduction to this wonderful group!

Dear Meesha,

You have summed up everything very well.  I completely agree with you on all 
the aspects.  I work in a bank with screen readers.  I'm doing exactly what you 
have written.  Try to be positive, do our best, try to find out solutions that 
disability presents, stay away from things beyond our performance, and finally, 
be content with our present performance with a constant effort to improve the 
scope of the same in future.  I see a very positive and realistic person in 
you.  Would like to stay in touch.  Good luck.



On 12/16/16, ARORA Meesha <meesha.ar...@soprasteria.com> wrote:
> Hello Amar,
> Thanks for your email!
> I mainly work on management reporting .
> Well , the challenges can be numerous like I have to constantly 
> research to find accessible solutions for any applications I work on 
> and since softwares are frequently updated so I often get struck when 
> my screen reader doesn't work with it.
> Then navigating any new places that I may have to go for business 
> reasons is not exciting .
> Then if I am in a call /meeting then if the other person may not be 
> willing to give you some extra time as one is naturally slower than a 
> sighted person as I have to multitask with my screen reader 
> /understanding the current task and provide a solution . And there 
> will be a lot of occations where I have to avoid participation as I 
> may not be able to do a task on my own and others may not be available to 
> help .
> Then some more general issues like the workplaces are not accessible , 
> even the office intranet is not fully accessible  etc etc I mean it is 
> a long list however I can tell a common way to deal practically any 
> set of challenge  which is just focus on what best one can do and 
> don't feel left out or disheartened if you don't get what you think 
> you rightfully deserve .
> If one keeps trying then one is bound to reach closer to what one 
> wants even if not completely accomplish it .
> And yes I have learned that it is wiser to voice out your limitations 
> and possible solutions in time without worrying about what others may 
> think or what result may come as long as you are principally correct.
> Hope it helps!
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> ******************************
> Meesha Arora
> One has to put up with the Rain to see the Rainbow!
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mobile.accessindia
> [mailto:mobile.accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of 
> Amar Jain
> Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 7:40 AM
> To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile 
> phones and Tabs.
> Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] (AI) My introduction to this wonderful group!
>
> Hi Meesha,
>
> A warm welcome to this group, although I don't participate much on 
> this list. Ideally, introductory emails are not supposed to be 
> responded on the group, but the thought of yours in voicing out when 
> you should have, provoked me to defy the guidelines for a couple of reasons.
>
> People at large don't speak up about workplace challenges, and I am 
> glad you voiced it out. I am a corporate lawyer in Capital Markets, 
> working with a law firm in Mumbai. I am much younger to you in 
> experience with only three years of post-qualification experience, but 
> hope to learn from your challenges. What is your profile at Sopersteria?
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Regards,
> Amar Jain
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 15-Dec-2016, at 11:50 PM, Ajay Minocha <ajayminoc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Vamshi,
>>
>> Do let me know if I can be of any help, If you don't know, I also 
>> work in finance domain.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Ajay
>>
>>> On 12/15/16, Vamshi. G <gvamsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello Meesha Arora,
>>>
>>> Great to see someone like you to work in the main stream, especially
>>> in the finance sector.   Can you please brief us about the job profile
>>> and how screen reader usage is helping you in the work place?   Are
>>> you working on office applications like Excel, etc.  Or do you work 
>>> on any specific domains like SAP, oracle etc?  Though many are 
>>> familiar with screen readers, usage of the same at work place, 
>>> especially in the finance field is something we would like to know.
>>> We can carry on the discussion privately if it can not be discussed 
>>> on public forum.
>>> Awaiting a reply.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> On 12/15/16, ARORA Meesha <meesha.ar...@soprasteria.com> wrote:
>>>> Dear members,
>>>> Hope you all are well!
>>>> I have recently joined this group as I would like to be connected 
>>>> with you all and share best practices/useful information  we have 
>>>> learnt in our life .
>>>> I stay near Delhi and currently working as Assistant Finance 
>>>> Manager in the private sector. I am a Maths . Honours graduate from 
>>>> Delhi University and have been working for almost ten years in 
>>>> finance sector. I have RP and I preferred to study and work in the 
>>>> main stream institutions and work places as I had always a lot to 
>>>> learn to be able to cope up with the sighted people although coming 
>>>> this far I realize that I made it very challenging and difficult 
>>>> for myself and  I think that another reason for it is that I was 
>>>> not confident about voicing my issue when I should have.
>>>> Early this year , I learnt to use screen reader and other assistive 
>>>> technologies and I am keen to make most of what I can .
>>>> Talking about my interests , I am always eager to learn new things 
>>>> and an avid reader . I am fond of writing poems . I also love to 
>>>> travel when ever I get an opportunity .
>>>>
>>>> It is super to see so many useful info being shared which I had 
>>>> gone through so far .
>>>> I would like to congratulate to all of those who had initiated such 
>>>> a wonderful group and the contributing members!
>>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>> Meesha Arora
>>>> One has to put up with the Rain to see the Rainbow!
>>>>
>>>> -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was 
>>>> scrubbed...
>>>> URL:
>>>> <http://accessindia.org.in/pipermail/mobile.accessindia_accessindia.
>>>> org.in/attachments/20161215/59e1c41a/attachment.html>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Search for previous postings at:
>>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Mobile.accessindia mailing list
>>>> Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_acces
>>>> s
>>>> india.org.in
>>>>
>>>> to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>>>
>>>> Disclaimer:
>>>> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the 
>>>> thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates 
>>>> itself to its veracity;
>>>>
>>>> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on 
>>>> the mails sent through this mailing list..
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> G. Vamshi
>>> Mobile: +91 9949349497
>>> Skype: gvamshi81
>>>
>>> WWW.VIBEWA.ORG
>>> EQUALITY AND DIGNITY
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Search for previous postings at:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mobile.accessindia mailing list
>>> Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_access
>>> i
>>> ndia.org.in
>>>
>>> to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>>
>>> Disclaimer:
>>> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the 
>>> thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates 
>>> itself to its veracity;
>>>
>>> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the 
>>> mails sent through this mailing list..
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Ajay Minocha
>> Mob : +91-9584076767
>> E mail : ajayminoc...@gmail.com
>> p13aj...@iimidr.ac.in
>> Skype: ajayminocha2
>>
>>
>>
>> Search for previous postings at:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mobile.accessindia mailing list
>> Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessi
>> n
>> dia.org.in
>>
>> to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>>
>> Disclaimer:
>> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking 
>> of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its 
>> veracity;
>>
>> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the 
>> mails sent through this mailing list..
>
>
>
>
> Search for previous postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mobile.accessindia mailing list
> Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessin
> dia.org.in
>
> to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>
> Disclaimer:
> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking 
> of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its 
> veracity;
>
> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the 
> mails sent through this mailing list..
>
>
>
> Search for previous postings at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mobile.accessindia mailing list
> Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessin
> dia.org.in
>
> to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
>
> Disclaimer:
> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking 
> of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its 
> veracity;
>
> 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the 
> mails sent through this mailing list..
>


--
G. Vamshi
Mobile: +91 9949349497
Skype: gvamshi81

WWW.VIBEWA.ORG
EQUALITY AND DIGNITY



Search for previous postings at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in



_______________________________________________
Mobile.accessindia mailing list
Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessindia.org.in

to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in

Disclaimer:
1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the 
person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;

2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent 
through this mailing list..



Search for previous postings at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in



_______________________________________________
Mobile.accessindia mailing list
Mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in
http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessindia.org.in

to post send mail to: mobile.accessindia@accessindia.org.in

Disclaimer:
1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the 
person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;

2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent 
through this mailing list..

Reply via email to