Dear Gaurav,

Though I have spoken to you on this, still writing here for better articulation.

before I start, let me state to others that I am enrolled for beta testing and
am currently using the beta version of the Eye-D app so my points below are
solely based on my own experience and requirements.

1. Currently, it is not 5 but 3 minutes, though I am OK with either. and I
think it is easy to choose from predefine list rather than typing. Having one
more option for an hour would surely be a value addition.
2. Currently, the app does have an extra option for 5 KM and I am OK with it as
while in train/cab, one might not want to listen to the announcement too many
times. However, many people living in developed countries may want another
addition for 10KM as the speed with which they travel in trains/ any other
public transport is much higher if compared to India and the distance also
varies.
3. To me, I would mostly use this feature while walking as in bus/train, you
already have a predefined destination and mostly it is a long journey and
continuous announcement of the location might not be as helpful as it is when
walking.
4. Personally, I would like to know the landmarks as this gives me a sense of
sight since I am getting to know names of buildings or shops which were
previously unknown to me unless I had a specific need for them and searched for
those. Eg: yesterday, I was walking in my area where I live and it announced
the name of an electronic store which I didn’t know it existed before I used
this app and now I know that there is another option should I need to go there
and is much closer compared to the previous one I used to visit for my
electronics related needs. If I take your example of Akbar road, it is a long
road and if I keep walking on this road, it won’t announce anything else unless
my location changes from Akbar Road to some other road/street and if  I
countinuously keep listening to “Akbar Road, Akbar Road”, it is not useful. so
announcement of landmarks is helpful.
5. As per my discussion with your colleague, there may be several things a user
may want to do while location announcement is on. EG: I am walking to a phone
repair shop and I suddenly remember that I cary multiple papers and need to
find out the phone bill to show it to the shopkeeper. Now in order to use the
app, I would first need to stop the location announcement while I am still
walking. Another one: this might be a tippicle example but to me it is
realistic. Suppose while walking to that shop, I reach a point where there is
no one on the road and I sense that something is standing ahead me, this might
be an animal like cow or some board deliberately put on road and I might not
like to take the risk to touch it with my cane as if it is an animal, it might
provoke it and your app can help me here with  the object recognition feature
to find what is ahead me. Hense, since this is a toggle switch, the user should
be able to invoke the app even if the location announcement is on and should be
able to use the other features of the app. Should the user want to stop the
announcement, he has always the option to go to where am I screen and turn it
off.

With best regards,
Satguru
"Life's battle do not always go, to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or
later the one who wins, is the one who thinks he can."

Satguru Rathi
+91-9871489945
+91-8076761833
satgurura...@gmail.com