I'm trying to create an array of anchor (A) tags , load them into a
SPAN representing a tag-cloud, and then replace a DOM element,
something like:

in a loop ...
  theTag = A("<a href=\"./getPhotoList.cgi\">", "disney", "</a>");
  _x = SPAN ({"class": choice }, theTag,  "  ");
  tagDivs.push(x);
... loop-end
  replaceChildNodes( "tagcloud", P( null, tagDivs));

The problem is that the elements of the DIV are coming out:
href="./getPhotoList.cgi">DC</a> <a
href="./getPhotoList.cgi">disney</a>  <a
href="./getPhotoList.cgi">disneyland</a>

Ok, Obviously, I need to RTFM regarding how to use the nifty aliases,
but either  I am just too dense or can't find the  manual (so RTFM
won't help much).

Alternatively, if anyone has a cool example showing the creation of a
tag cloud, I am always willing to toss my own code overboard for
something better

thanks
Dana