On 1/13/07, chris feldmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I actually ran into almost exatly this problem a few months ago,
though I needed to drag cells, not rows. Still, I found it impossible
to implement with tables. So how to make fixed columns in a list?

 .left, .middle, .right {
        display: block;
        margin: 0 20px;
        float: left;
       width: 30px;
       text-align: center;
}

.left {
   clear: left;
}
<dl>
       <dt class="left">one</dt>
       <dd class="middle">oneA</dd>
       <dd class="right">oneB</dd>
       <dt class="left">two</dt>
       <dd class="middle">twoA</dd>
       <dd class="right">twoB</dd>
</dl>

To add to that, to prevent the floats from wrapping when the user
resizes the browser window, add a width to the <dl> element:

dl {
     width: 720px; /* (20 + 200 + 20) * 3   */
}

Arnar