On 15 fév, 08:15, iain duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> are the get/setElementPosition functions intended to be used only with
> and within fixed position elements? I am getting very different
> behaviour between firefox and ie6 if any of the elements are absolute
> ( container or the moving elements ). Is this the correct behaviour? And
> if so, is the recommended procedure to just used fixed position for
> everything in the document?

I don't think you meant 'fixed'. Fixed position doesn't even work
under IE.

getElementPosition should give you the absolute position of the
element in the page. If not it's a bug.

setElementPosition is a bit tricker because it's intended to be used
on absolute positioned elements. The documentation could be clearer on
this.

--
Thomas