On 10/4/07, John Lorance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Problem:
> I have a button on a page that results in getting HTML back from the
> server which contains something like the following (result['content']
> (below) contains the following):

innerHTML doesn't execute script. You could try something like this:

var elem = getElement(target_id);
elem.innerHTML = result['content'];
var script_tags = getElementsByTagAndClassName("script", null, elem);
for (var i = 0; i < script_tags.length; i++) {
    eval(scrapeText(script_tags[i]));
}

I'm not sure if that works in all of the browsers, make sure to give
it a try in the ones you care about.

-bob