On Jan 21, 2008 8:03 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In my limited beginner's understanding of REST interfaces and HTML,
> I'm told it is proper to *pull* data from server with HTML GETs
> and to *push* data to server with HTML POSTs....is that right?

That's about right.

> If yes, then how come MochiKit's doXHR function defaults to *GET* mode
> since it
> *pushes* data to server?  Shouldn't doXHR default to POST to be prim
> and
> proper?  :)

That depends on how you use it. The assumption is, that you are
pulling data with doXHR. If you want to push data, you should specify
the method. Most other HTTP-agents also default to using GET, and only
use POST, when explicitly told to. (Take the browser, for example)

--
troels