Hi everyone,

I've just finished committing one of my planned additions to MochiKit
1.5 -- a new MochiKit.Text module:

    http://www.mochikit.com/doc/html/MochiKit/Text.html

It basically provides some of the text formatting stuff discussed here
on the list previously. With some random string utility functions
added on top. I chose the name "Text" instead of "String" or "Format"
for various reasons, but in the end I guess it is just a matter of
taste. Also, it avoids collisions with the "MochiKit.String" name
already in use by Amit.

My plans for MochiKit.Text are as follows:

1. Collect more ideas and feedback (hence this email).

2. Migrate camelize, strip, lstrip, rstrip, truncToFixed, roundToFixed
and locale handling over to MochiKit.Text. Perhaps the remaining parts
of MochiKit.Format should be deprecated?

3. Implement some additional stuff like toTitleCase, isDigit,
isAlphaNumeric, etc.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,

/Per