Hi
Try to do the connect after the page has loaded. Use addLoadEvent for that.
So your code will look something like that:

function bla() {
    connect(...);
}

addLoadEvent(bla);

Some other issues:
If you are using ajax, you don't really need form actions, the clicking
submit will do a regular (non-ajax) POST.
I usually connect to onclick if I want ajax.

It seems that you are using turbogears 2. I'm using turbogears1, so take my
advice with a grain of salt, but in tg1 you can do expose("json"), and
return a regular dict.

If you need further help with that, I'll be glad to help you off-list.

Cheers,
Imri

--
Imri Goldberg