Afther some more struggling around, I managed to get it working. For all
people that also can't get it to work. I'll post a working solution below.

<IfModule fcgid_module>
         # Set config options for FCGID
         PHP_Fix_Pathinfo_Enable 1
         PASSHEADER AUTHORIZATION
         MaxRequestsPerProcess 500
         FastCgiAuthenticatorAuthoritative off
</IfModule>
<IfModule !fcgid_module>
         # Deny all access to PHP / PERL Scripts if the module isn't loaded.
         <FilesMatch "\.(php|php5|pl|cgi)$">
                 Order allow,deny
                 Deny from all
                 Satisfy All
         </FilesMatch>

</IfModule>
<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     DocumentRoot "/home/user/public_html"
     ServerName web.example.com
     ServerAlias www.web.example.com
     ErrorLog "/var/log/web.example.com-error_log"
     CustomLog "/var/log/web.sexample.com-access_log" common
     SuexecUserGroup user user
     <Directory />
         <IfModule fcgid_module>
                 AddHandler fcgid-script .php
                 AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
                 FCGIWrapper "/home/user/fcgi-bin/php5" .php
         </IfModule>
         Options ExecCGI
         Options +Indexes
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

#!/bin/sh
PHPRC="/home/user"
export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=2
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=5000
export PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS
exec /usr/local/bin/php-cgi

Further more Apache should be compiled with the following ENV setting to
make it pass the Authorize Headers to PHP scripts.
setenv CFLAGS "-Wall -DSECURITY_HOLE_PASS_AUTHORIZATION"

Noël Elsten