Well I had the same problem , but then I modified modfcgid ( was 1.1
back then)

try this:
https://websvn.syscp.org/browser/SysCP/branches/mod_fcgid/

look at the diffs in:
https://websvn.syscp.org/browser/SysCP/branches/mod_fcgid/fcgid_conf.c?op=diff&rev=0&sc=0
https://websvn.syscp.org/browser/SysCP/branches/mod_fcgid/fcgid_conf.h?op=diff&rev=0&sc=0
https://websvn.syscp.org/browser/SysCP/branches/mod_fcgid/mod_fcgid.c?op=diff&rev=0&sc=0

well I think you should be able to port this to new versions of mod fcgid.
never had any problem with any language ( neither python php or pearl )

Greetings,
Jos