I know that digging in to framework code can be intimidating and that it’s not
generally recommended, but in this case, since MG is no longer supported much,
it would probably be in your best interests to look at the error logs you’re
seeing and then let this list know what you find, because we can provide some
assistance in resolving it.

Jumping 4 versions of the platform is almost always going to cause some sort of
struggles… but if you look at the errors, stack traces and log entries you
should be able to at least find a starting place to find a fix. Frankly, that’s
a best practice in general…

Once you’ve determined what your errors are post them back to this thread and
we will see if we can’t find at least a workaround for you. Since MG is no
longer really in development, we may be able to throw a patch in here, but
changing framework code shouldn’t bite you later on because you’re not going to
see an update to MG in the future anyway. :)

/j