Harald Jung - ECOS Technology <harald.j...@ecos.de> writes:

> Hi,
>

> now i've got two notebooks with this mobile device, the older one works with
> the option driver, the newer one not.

Cannot explain that.  The USB descriptors look identical for all serial
functions AFAICS.  The only noticable difference between the two devices
is the CCID function.  I assume that is a SIM interface?  Don't think it
matters in any way.

> I've tried both with mbim, it works until the ip is set to the wwan
> interface, but no network connection is possible.

This might be related to the

 /sys/class/net/[iface]/cdc_ncm/ndp_to_end

quirk thingy.  AFAIR, we ended up enabling that by default for all
Huawei devices recently.  But that doesn't work for the HP OEMs using
HPs vendor ID.  Verify that you have the file and that it shows the
expected default value 'N':

 grep . /sys/class/net/*/cdc_ncm/ndp_to_end

Then try to enable the quirk and see if that makes a difference:

 echo Y > /sys/class/net/[iface]/cdc_ncm/ndp_to_end

If it does, then I guess we need to add this HP device ID to the quirk
list.

Bjørn