So I've got a [reasonably?] sorted MM setup now - a mux driver providing two
virtual ports: ttyMux0 (PPP) and ttyMux1 (Primary). I'm now wanting to hook
the former into NetworkManager.

>From a fresh rootfs/boot-up, 'nmcli  dev status' lists

DEVICE   TYPE      STATE         CONNECTION

eth0     ethernet  connected     Wired connection 1

ttyMux1  gsm       disconnected  --

lo       loopback  unmanaged     --

I'm not sure why/where it's picking up ttyMux1, and in any case I need it to
be using ttyMux0 instead. Where's this hooking in from?

(Also struggling to create an NM connection - via nmcli - that it'll want to
play with on that device... tips gratefully received..!)