Hi Aleksander and Rowan,

>> Interesting, in the testing lab they noticed that they only saw this being a
>> problem when ModemManager was running. But if your telling me that it’s
>> related to the modules firmware... Can you think of anything in Modem
>> Manager that could be conflicting with the carrier messages going to the
>> module?
>
> The only thing I can think of is that ModemManager actually consumes
> the AT unsolicited messages it receives in the TTYs. Maybe the module
> is sending these messages and expecting something else to happen? No
> idea.

yes, the modem could send notifications related to the OMA DM session,
but my understanding is that those are only to report the status, so
consuming unsolicited should not be an issue.

Rowan,

is ModemManager starting a data connection before the tests are started?

If yes, maybe it could be worth retrying with data connection
disabled, since there could be some issue with the contexts managed
internally by the firmware for the session and the one used by
ModemManager.

> Maybe getting debug logs of MM while reproducing the issues may give
> us more hints:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

Agree, that could be useful.

Regards,