We've really been wanting to get it working better for our customers, but
honestly your summary is true. Carriers aren't supporting hooks to reliably
to get the information. I personally haven't seen a 3GPP command in the
data sheets I have to get the info either. If that changes I'd be the first
to bring it back but until then it's kind of a dead field. IMHO