Hi Reinhard,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 10:27:41PM +0200, Reinhard Speyerer wrote:
> for IPType IPv4v6 the IPType returned may be IPv4 or IPv6 instead of IPv4v6
> in the case where PDP context activation is accepted by the network but it
> returns a SM Cause 2 IE like this:

Yes, thank you. I have today confirmed this using a Sierra em7455.
I configured IPv4v6 in the bearer. Using a Deutsche Telekom SIM it
reported IPv4v6 and using a Vodafone SIM card it reported IPv4.

Actually this is what I want, as it gives a clear indication if v6
(or v4 or both) configuration should be attempted or not.

Unfortunatly, as I wrote in my last mail ModemManger ignores this hint for
the sake of supporting "broken" devices. The comment in mm-bearer-mbim.c
mentiones a Vodafone Surfstick K5160.

Maybe Aleksander or Dan have a suggestion on how to solve this while
still maintaing support for the mentioned device.

Could writing back the ip_type only if the configuration has ip_type
Ipv4v6 be a solution? Is there a mechanism for device specifc quirks
I could employ? Or should I maybe add a new attribute in the bearer
which only reflects the ip_type reported back by the modem?

Andreas

--
The three chief virtues of a programmer are:
Laziness, Impatience and Hubris. -- Larry Wall