Hi,
I'm now developing my application with ModemManager.
I want to add a feature that can directly assign which plugin to use for my
modem. Instead of using the filter to match appropriate plugin.

This is because I am integrating a modem to a device. And I have developed
my own plugin for the modem with some optimization.
In this situation, I already know which plugin to use for my modem.
Currently I use a simple way to achieve. I create a udev tag
"ID_MM_SUGGESTED_PLUGIN", it's usage is the same as "ID_MM_PHYSDEV_UID".
Once the device is detected with this tag, I'll set it as the suggested
plugin.
I posted my branch here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/kenchou0731/ModemManager/-/commit/117c9dcf655007ed57a4a248856df1f4b47bd814

Furthermore, I want to do some enhancement for this.
My application will sometimes need to reset modem (for changing USB configs
or changing carrier profile). ModemManager will do the filter for finding
plugin for every ports of the modem. This procedure took about 1 second
with the debug log enabled. And it may took longer if ModemManager supports
more and more plugins in the future.
I think this procedure can be skipped if I'm sure that which plugin to use.
And I can reduce the downtime of modem being reset.

Could you give me some advises? Thank you!

Best regards,
Ken