Hi

This started as an nmci question but I realised I don't understand how to configure bearer contexts with mmcli either.

My starting point was creating a connection using nmcli  (I wanted to really use ipv6.method "disabled" but that's another story.)

sudo nmcli connection add connection.id "eeno6" connection.type gsm connection.interface-name "" gsm.apn "everywhere" gsm.username "eesecure" gsm.password "secure" ipv6.method ignore

After this the modem has a context 1 setting like this

```
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","everywhere","0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
OK
```

But this is a bad idea - far better to use something other than context 1 maybe context 3 instead.

Any ideas how I create a connection profile that uses context 3?

I am also interested in how modem manager creates and manages the modem context ?

I am not sure if modem manager writes the context only once when the profile is created or every time a connection is started by network manager?

For interest my test system has
mmcli --get-daemon-version
ModemManager daemon 1.14.10 running
mmcli --version