Hey,

> is there an option to make ModemManager send SMS in text mode? I'm aware that
> PDU mode ist by far preferred but we have to send SMS to an older system that
> is unable to process SMS in PDU mode.

For AT based devices, the support for PDU mode is checked with
AT+CMGF=?, and if PDU mode is supported, it will be preferred over
text mode. At this moment there is no way to force using text mode,
but I guess we could have e.g. a udev tag to trigger the modified
behavior (e.g. ID_MM_AT_SMS_TEXT_MODE_PREFERRED), as we do for other
features (e.g. ID_MM_QMI_CONNECTION_STATUS_POLLING_ENABLE).
Patches welcome :)

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es