Hey Peter

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 2:55 PM Peter Naulls <pe...@chocky.org> wrote:

> On 11/29/21 11:12 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
>

> > Do you have debug logs from MM? At the very least MM has to find a
> > netdevice for the modem, otherwise it would fall back to an available
> > AT port for PPP. Does MM find one?
> >

> Here are two logs to compare. In both cases the kernel is 4.14.256; the
> only difference in the OpenWrt builds is the version of ModemManager.
>
> Correctly working in 1.18.2 is first, then not working - i.e, making
> a PPP connection in 1.18.4.  Apologies for wrap, etc; hopefully this
> is sufficient debug.

Not enough debug I'm afraid; there's no indication of why we didn't
grab those ports.

Wondering, would you be able to also test 1.18.4 but with these 2
changes reverted? The regex related fix was a big one, maybe it broke
something else.

2beae71a6 kerneldevice,generic: simplify DEVPATH matching logic
1bd70df8a kerneldevice,generic: input pattern to string match is not regex

If you could get debug logs for both tests, that would be best

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es