Hey Ralf,

> we intend to use the JSON output of mmcli in one of our projects, e.g. we'd
> like to poll the current state of the modem. Our current problem is that we
> don't know which values could possibly be returned ("registered",
> "searching", etc.). Is there any further description of the JSON return
> values or could anybody point me to the code section where the response is
> actually constructed? I've searched the code for keywords "registered",
> "searching" but this didn't yield any useful results...

Those strings come from the "enum/flags to string" automatic
conversion logic with glib-mkenums. So, if the enum type is
MMModemState, and the enum value is MM_MODEM_STATE_REGISTERED, then
the nickname used for the string conversion is "registered". You can
build the project and look at the mm-enums-types.c generated file.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es