It looks like I am *not* building 1.18.4. I missed the build message about 1.18.4 not being available (for whatever OpenEmbedded reason). <grumble>

Bruce A. Johnson
Chantilly, Virginia
OpenPGP key ID: 296D1CD6F2B84CAB https://keys.openpgp.org/

On 14/12/2021 11:46, Bruce A. Johnson wrote:

I'm trying to obtain modem status information using the Python API, and I'm confused about the return values for the get_current_bands() method in the SimpleStatus object. My reading of the document leads me to expect a tuple containing an array and a count of the items in it, but I'm seeing a tuple containing a single enum value and a count greater than 1.

Code:

band_list, count= status_obj.get_current_bands()
logger.debug('band_list: {!r}, count: {!r}'.format(band_list, count))

Output:

mmg[937]: MMGCmd status[425] band_list: <enum 469902384 of type
ModemManager.ModemBand>, count: 21

My C skills aren't that great, but it looks to me like mm_simple_status_get_current_bands is returning the Right Stuff. I'm building ModemManager 1.18.4 in OpenEmbedded off of the Yocto dunfell branch. Does anyone have suggestions of what else I need to look at?

--

Reference <https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/index.html#ModemManager-1.0/classes/SimpleStatus.html#ModemManager.SimpleStatus.get_current_bands>

|get_current_bands|()
    Returns:
    bands:      location for an array of |ModemManager.ModemBand|

<https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/ModemManager-1.0/enums.html#ModemManager.ModemBand>
    values. Do not free the returned value, it is owned by self.
    n_bands:    number of elements in bands.

    Return type:        (*bands*: |ModemManager.ModemBand|

<https://lazka.github.io/pgi-docs/ModemManager-1.0/enums.html#ModemManager.ModemBand>,
    *n_bands*: |int|
    <http://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#int>)

    Gets the currently used frequency bands.