Aleksander Morgado <aleksan...@aleksander.es> writes:

> Hey,
>
> The current openwrt integration suffered from a serious problem:
> network initiated disconnections were properly detected by MM but
> never reported to netifd. Due to this, the modem may end up in
> registered state while netifd thinks it is still connected.
>
> I reported about this issue here:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/8368
>
> After discussing the problem with one of the openwrt maintainers, they
> suggested a way to report the disconnection of the interface to
> netifd. In order to run the operations they suggested, I've added
> support for connection status dispatch scripts in ModemManager. These
> are scripts that distributions or users could install, equivalent to
> what we do with the FCC unlock scripts, and which are run whenever a
> bearer gets connected or disconnected.
>
> The work is ready for review/testing here:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/merge_requests/775
>
> In that same bugreport I've pushed also the dispatcher script that I
> would attempt to integrate in the openwrt packaging once the
> dispatcher script support is shipped in a ModemManager release.

Works for me, simply repeating the test you did.  Nice stuff.  I was
missing something like this when I tried to have a MM managed backup
link running on OpenWrt.

The test failed at first attempt, though.  But I assume that was only
because I didn't install the connection dispatcher script executable?
It has worked every time after I did

 chmod 755 /usr/lib/ModemManager/connection.d/10-report-down

> Comments and tests welcome!

Us lazy people would love to see proper packaging of those modern meson
based libqmi/libmbim packages. The threshold for testing MM is a lot
higher when I have to update packaging of both those libraries first.

(oops, and there I admitted that I did yesterdays testing by backporting
instead of updating to latest and greates.  Yes, I'm lazy)

Bjørn