Amol Lad <amol....@4rf.com> writes:

> It seems the failure is occurring at the last chunk (#61). The status
> returned in "134". Please advise if any idea what this error status means?
>
> Bjørn, I saw one of your post in the mailing list regarding
> qmi-firmware-update failure? Any idea what is this error?

No idea.  AFAIR, our knowledge is based on API docs made public in the
stone age. I believe the expected status is 0, 1 or 2:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/libqmi/-/blob/main/gobi-api/GobiAPI_1.0.40/Core/QDLEnum.h?ref_type=heads#L356

But I don't know much about this.  It's been half a decade or so since I
looked at it...

> I'm facing a strange issue. I've received a new batch of Sierra EM7455
> modems and trying to update firmware in the modem and I get following
> error message:

My first thought when I saw this was:  Are you sure you got an EM7455?
Or did someone sell you a re-labeled EM74x1?

Does it work with the official Sierra firmware tools and EM7455
firmware? Are you able to snoop on an upgrade to figure out if there's
some step we're missing or failing?

Bjørn