i wasn't going to answer, but i can't help myself...

> 1.Who are you/where do you reside/how old are you?

whitney
san jose, CA (near san francisco - most people dont know where san jose is)
24 (soon to be a quarter of a century old!)

> 2.What is your favorite mouse song?

everybody knows you can't pick just one..
dramamine, breakthrough, trailer trash, edit the sad parts

> 3.What are five records you couldn't live without.

MM - this is a long drive..
pavement - CR CR, wowee zowee
elliott smith - either/or
built to spill - nothing wrong with love
beulah - handsome western states

> 4. Putting records on the internet for free download:
> bad or good?

eh, i don't think it's necessarily great. good if you can't find the record
anywhere else
bad if the record is readily available and you're trying to get it for free
i normally prefer to buy records, but i am guilty of downloading many many
mp3's..

> 5.  Ebay, bad or good?

EVIL

> 6.  Russ winning the hottest male contest, is he
> voting for himself or what?

Russ rocks.  pacman fans unite!

> 7.  Do you own the Japaneese Tour EP?

i got my copy from the boots page

> 8.  First live show?

smithereens/UB40 - shoreline, mountain view 1989

> 9.  Worst live show?

i dont think ive really been to a bad show.
maybe the vans warped tour a couple years ago

> 10.  Favorite sound?

rain falling on the roof of my apartment

> 11.  least favorite sound?

screaming children

> 12.  girls posting their pictures and email addresses
> on the internet bad/good?

umm, sure why not.

> 13.  What book should every person in america read?

god, i dont know.  im supposed to be working, and ive
been sitting here for the last 5 minutes trying to think
of a book.   Kitchen by banana yoshimoto.  actually, any of her books are
good.

> 14.  Signing to a major bad/good?

i think there's  positives and negatives.  we'll have to see how it turns
out with the mouse.

> 15.  Wearing the t-shirt of the band you are going to
> see?

i don't personally choose to do so.

> 16.  Modest Mouse list being oft-off the topic
> bad/good?

good

> 17.  Favorite beer?

bass ale

> 18.  Favorite color?

shades of grey

> 19.  What are you going to name your first born child?

I'm not having kids, i'm having puppies.

> 20.  Five favorite movies (the question that tells tons about a person)?

mystery train/down by law/anything else by jim jarmusch
rushmore
being john malkovich
run lola run
various sappy chick movies that i'm too embarassed to mention