Hey Joshua,

Actually, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to the config... I
just have Apache 1.3.9, mod_perl 1.21, and Apache::ASP 0.16. In the root
document dir (in my case /home/httpd/html), in my .htaccess file I have the
following:

<FilesMatch "\.(asp)$">
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::ASP
        PerlSetVar Global  /tmp
        PerlSetVar CookiePath  /
        PerlSetVar SessionTimeout  .5
</FilesMatch>

(I have also tried the <Files> directive with the same result)

And then I have a subdirectory called 'admin' with the following in the
.htaccess:

AuthUserFile /home/httpd/userfiles/passfile
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Administration Pages"
AuthType Basic
<Limit GET POST PUT>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
require valid-user
</Limit>

When I try to access the 'admin' dir through a browser with Apache::ASP
enabled, it does not request  authentication... it just gives me a 401
error. When I comment out the <FilesMatch> directive from the root .htaccess
file and try to access the admin dir again, I get the proper request from
the server (the popup box asking for the username and password).

With an earlier version of Apache::ASP, the above was not happening. After
reading the changes in 0.16, I'm wondering if it's due to the change you
made that allowed Apache::ASP to be 'Basic Authentication friendly'?

Jeremy Domingue
[EMAIL PROTECTED]