Do you really need the persistent connections when using mysql?  Since mysql is
so fast to connect, I've just been using regular DBI connection methods.  I
have one connection opened per request, and when the request is done, the
connection gets closed.  It's fast enough for me, you should do your own tests.

I'm not sure why you have too many connections.  Sounds pretty odd.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Viren Jain) wrote:
>       I included the command "PerlModule Apache::DBI" in my mod_perl Apache
>configuration files. Yet, over time there builds up more connection in
>mysql than apache processes (only Apache/CGI should be accessing MySQL) and
>most processes seem to have very high "Time"s under the "sleep" stat when I
>do a 'processlist' in mysql. Please advise.
>  -- Viren

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                            The Math Forum