On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Tim McLaughlin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I looked in what places I could, and could not find an answer to
> this.  If there is something in one of the archives, please point me
> in the right direction.
> :)
>

> I recently managed to get mod_perl installed on my Solaris 2.6 box
> with Apache 1.3.9, mod_perl 1.21 and Perl 5.005_03.
>
> When I installed DBD::Solid, I had to link it statically, and so I
> ended up with 'solperl' instead of the normal 'perl'.

This statically linked solperl will (should?) have also produced a static
libperl.a that you must now recompile mod_perl and link to that libperl.a
instead of your normal one. The easiest solution would be to get a perl
that can use DSO's instead and compile DBD::Solid dynamically.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.